Are you still in doubt whether you should invest in a marketing strategy in social networks? Well, most likely you are wasting your time in doubt. Social media platforms are one of the best tools to promote your business even if your marketing budget is limited. In this article, we have collected marketing indicators that directly say that social media is an unplowed field for business. And the harvest will not take long.
Let’s look at the real numbers.
Facebook is an absolute record holder in terms of reach and provides the business with the widest marketing opportunities at the moment.
- There are more than 60 000 000 active business pages on Facebook.
- But only one tenth of all companies use the marketing capabilities of Facebook at full capacity.
- It is possible to reach 2 bln users of this social media with the help of paid ads
- 75% of brands pay for their posts to be promoted.
- 49% of users will gladly like the business page of a brand they want to support.
- The posts published on Tuesday and Friday tend to become the most popular. By the way, it is possible to increase the popularity and engagement of the post just by asking professional writers from the TrustMyPaper, for example, to help you.
- 78% of American consumers like to get retail offers with the help of Facebook.
- 98% of B2C and 89% of B2B companies use Facebook to implement their marketing strategy. This makes this platform №1 in terms of marketing opportunities.
- 54% of B2B companies consider Facebook their main marketing weapon.
- 30% of marketers are sure that Facebook provides the highest possible ROI.
- Only 31% of companies use Facebook messenger.
- 4% is the average rate engagement per post.
- 8 ads per month are the number of promotional offers an average Facebook user clicks on.
- 67% of marketers say that Facebook is the top platform in their social media marketing strategy.
- 32% of users are constantly interacting with brands on Facebook.
- 93% of companies use Facebook ads.
- It is 14% more cost-effective to launch an advertisement targeted at the customized audience than at the audience segmented by their interests only.
- 70% of users say they are using Facebook to reach new customers.
- 6 out of 10 fashion purchases are made on Facebook with the help of a mobile device.
- Long-read posts (more than 1500 words) are 26,6% more popular than the shorter ones.
Instagram is also ideal for almost any type of business. At least if your product is attractive visually, then here you will get a good response.
- 86% of leading brands have a profile on Instagram in 2019.
- Instagram engages 15% more than Facebook and 20% more than Twitter.
73% of brands come up with a new photo or video on Instagram every week.
- 54% of companies promote their Insta profiles with the help of Facebook.
- There are 25 million business profiles on Instagram while 2 million of them make a monthly advertisement.
- 80% of users follow one or more companies.
- Instagram has a 2,2% interaction rate which is 10 times higher compared to Facebook.
- 50% of brands are actively using Stories to promote themselves.
- Approximately 60% of Instagram users are Millenials.
- Posts with video receive 38% more engagement.
- 1 out of 3 of the most viewed Stories are from businesses.
Twitter has its own specifics. However, it is successfully used by both companies from B2C and from B2B segments.
- 67% of users say that they like to buy products or services from the brands that are following.
- 80% of Twitter users are solvent Millenials. This is the generation that loves to interact with brands on social networks, including shopping (see the previous paragraph).
- 75% of B2B companies promote themselves on Twitter.
- Advertising on Twitter is 11% more effective than TV ads.
- Influencer marketing is flourishing on Twitter. 40% of users become ready to make a purchase after an influencer has advertised a certain good or service. By the way, #influencermaketing was one of the most popular Twitter hashtags in 2018.
- Promoted tweets with video are 50% more effective on their cost per engagement.
- 65,8% of large American companies use Twitter for marketing purposes.
- 92% of companies tweet more than one time per day.
- The average Twitter user follows five companies.
- 76% of users are ready to recommend a company if they were satisfied with its customer service.
Linkedin is just sharpened so that business helps business. That is why this is the main choice of most B2B marketers.
- 94% of B2B companies consider Linkedin the best platform to share their content.
- Linkedin provides 50% traffic to websites and blogs of B2B companies
- 91% of B2B marketing professionals are sure that LinkedIn is the best place to find the content of really high quality.
- InMail in Linkedin has a 300% higher response than usual e-mail letters.
- 58% of B2B advertisers on Linkedin are satisfied with ROI.
- 92% of companies from the Fortune 500 list use LinkedIn.
- Linkedin is used by 87% of Millenials.
- 42% of marketers plan to invest more in advertising on Linkedin in 2019.
This platform has less coverage than the previous ones, but this does not mean that it needs to be deleted from the marketing strategy in social networks.
- 22% of marketers use Snapchat for their influencer marketing strategy.
- It is expected that Snapchat’s global advertising revenue will reach $1534.2 million in 2019.
- 55% of users follow one or more brands on Snapchat.
- 64% of users search for a brand by its name, while 25% of users will use the Snapcode for this purpose.
- 60% of all ads in Snapchat is watched with sound on.
- 50% of users are ready to open and view a brand’s story.
So, what marketing conclusion can we draw from these numbers? The conclusion is this. Take into account the above statistics and analyze what key indicators you want to achieve with the help of social media marketing. Each platform offers its own unique opportunities for promotion, and most likely, part of your target audience is located on each of them. Therefore, start with the most important marketing task within one social network, and after that take up the conquest of the next platform.